Contractors/Handy People: Check Household Services for a regularly updated listing of local contractors able to help with small jobs around your house. Some offer senior rates.

Fuel Assistance: Income eligible seniors may be able get financial assistance for home heating through NSCAP. Call 978-531-0767 x100 for details.

Home Modification Loans: Massachusetts offers a no interest loan for seniors who would like to modify their home to be able to accommodate their changing needs as they age. Visit for details.

Meals: Salem CLC offers weekly hot lunches at their building and both the COA and North Shore Elder Services provide home delivery of meals to homebound seniors. Call the Salem CLC at 978-744-0924 and NSES at 978-750-4540.

Lock Box: Salem Police provide a secure locked box on the exterior of a senior’s home, which they alone can access in order to enter in the event of an emergency. Call 978-744-0171 or visit for details.