- This event has passed.
Summer Drive In Series -Soft Launch – “The Sandlot”
June 18 @ 8:30 pm
The City of Salem and Creative Collective present the 2020 edition of the Summer Drive-In series. We are excited to be welcoming The Cabot and Root to this event for amazing concession options! Come in early and grab a drink, some food, and enjoy the pre-show!
You will be entering at the far end of Forest Ave at the second entrance to the lot, please enter via Canal Street.
ATTENTION! This is a soft launch of a summer drive-in series at an all-new location! As we try and work out safety and tech issues at a new location we ask you to be patient and we will want some constructive feedback!
If you have joined us for any of the other drive-ins, this is a bit of a stripped-down version until we get into later phases of re-opening. The audio will ONLY be available via FM transmitter, at this time we will NOT be setting up speakers as we typically do at the Winter Island Drive-ins.
Keep your car owner’s manual handy
If using the radio to listen to the movie, you’ll need to know how to keep it on while keeping off headlights and other accessories in your vehicle– you may need your car manual for that. Additionally, every car has its quarks with headlights, alarm systems, automatic doors, interior lights, etc. It’s best to have the most accurate info handy to solve issues fast.
PLEASE make sure and remove all trash and personal belongings at the end of the movie, there will be trash and recycling receptacles available.
The actual start time of the movie is dependent on sunset and weather. We try to start the film no later than 8:30 PM. We will start car load-in at 7:30 PM. Full details with instructions will be sent out to buyers the day before the event. Make sure to use an email address you frequently check. We will be relaying the information about the radio station that will be used upon arrival!
TICKETS ARE PER CAR, NOT PER PERSON! This event is RAIN OR SHINE and tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE!
Below are the Rules and Regulations as per the state of Massachusetts. Anyone not following these rules will be asked to leave without refund.
- Customers must remain in their vehicles at all times, except when purchasing concessions or
- using the restroom facilities
- Customers must follow social distancing guidelines – 6 feet
- You must view the movie from within your vehicle (Massachusetts Requirement, no outside Chairs at this time, except in the bed of pickup trucks)
- Customers must wear a face-covering outside of their vehicle
- Customers must avoid contact with staff and other patrons
- Cashless payments should be used whenever possible
Please note the following actions are PROHIBITED:
- Being on the roof of any vehicle is prohibited. This is both for safety and ensures you do not block the view of other customers behind you.
- Running your vehicle is prohibited. Vehicle emissions are poisonous to those around you.
- Cooking, Grills, and Fires of any kind are prohibited, as per the town fire marshal.
- The use of car horns is prohibited, as is setting off car alarms. Please be aware of how to disarm your car in order to keep noise to a minimum.
- Obscene language or profanity directed at any staff member or patron will not be tolerated and will result in immediate ejection.
- Keep your foot off the brake, the lights bother other patrons.
- Please keep the sound to a reasonable volume, our neighbors need tranquility.
The Cabot – Concessions and Audio
Projection and Lights by Retonica
Scotty Smalls moves to a new neighborhood with his mom and stepdad, and wants to learn to play baseball. Rodriguez, the neighborhood baseball guru, takes Smalls under his wing – soon he becomes part of the local baseball buddies. They fall into adventures involving baseball, treehouse sleep-ins, the desirous lifeguard at the local pool, the snooty rival ball team, and the travelling fair. Beyond the fence at the back of the sandlot menaces a legendary ball-eating dog called The Beast, and the kids inevitably must deal with him.
Release date: April 7, 1993 (USA)
Director: David Mickey Evans
Story by: David Mickey Evans, Robert Gunter
Runtime: 1hr 41mins