- This event has passed.
Black Employee Resource Group (BERG) 155th Juneteenth Celebrations (VIRTUAL EVENT)
June 19 @ 11:00 am
The Black Employee Resource Group (BERG) invites its members and allies* to join us virtually on Zoom to commemorate the 155th anniversary of Juneteenth, when all enslaved people in the United States were finally freed on June 19, 1865 — two years after the Emancipation Proclamation.
To accommodate different schedules, two virtual commemorations will be held at 11 am and 3 pm on June 19, 2020. View event registration details and the program below.
*These events are open for anyone to attend, but only Black community members are permitted to speak or offer a tribute. As time permits, Black community members are invited to bring a tribute (e.g. a poem, story, or statement) to share during the event with a two-minute time limit.
Help us spread the word: tell your friends and colleagues.
Juneteenth Commemorations at Salem State
- The first Juneteenth commemoration will be held 11-11:45 am on June 19, 2020 via Zoom conference call. Register for the 11 am ceremony.
- A second Juneteenth commemoration will be held 3-3:45 pm on June 19, 2020 via Zoom conference call. Register for the 3 pm ceremony.
- Questions? Email the Black Employee Resource Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The significance of Juneteenth
- Attendee Tributes*
- “Lift Ev’ry Voice and Sing”
- Video Montage
- A moment of silence and reflection